Wednesday, 11 April 2012 20:36
It is with great pleasure that we announce the beginning of our Legacy Build Project! Almost all preliminary work is complete as we move forward to the commencement of construction in early to mid May (completion is estimated in August, 2013).
Please mark your calendar for Sunday, May 6th when we will conduct our formal groundbreaking ceremony at the land after the 10:30 am service.
So, what has happened since the beginning of the year?
- Our congregation and conference committees have approved our final design and financial plans for our project.
- We have accepted bids and signed contracts with the three prime contractors on the project --- Professional Contractors, Inc. (general), Advanced Mechanical (heating and air), and Electric Systems (electrical); all Bismarck companies.
- The Administrative Team has approved Dakota Community Bank as our lending institution --- we have secured an excellent interest rate of 3.875% for the first 5 years of our loan.
- We have reached agreements with our property owners to the South, Wilment Development, to develop street improvements needed for access to our location.
- The City of Bismarck has approved our requests for zoning change, property annexation, final plat, and special use permit for church facilities. Our site plan is up for approval at the April 24 City Commission meeting.
- We will be making application for our first installment of our Lasko Foundation grant of $470,000 about May 1.
We understand that many of you have made pledges to this project and will be fullfilling them over the next three years. However, if you have the abilityto make advance payments, our project will benefit even more. Every dollar received early reduces the actual amount of money we will need to borrow saving us interest expense payments.
What a wonderful exciting time at Legacy!